Optional Reference Section Head
- 2005 Adventures in Derivatives Finance Times Vol. 1No. 1 5 May pp. 100-110 DOI:123456
- 2015 Ethical Finance 5th ed. New YorkMacmillan
- 1996 The Challenge of Central Banking in a Democratic Society Speech delivered at the Annual Dinner and Francis Boyer Lecture of the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington, DC 5 December
- 2002 An Introduction to Islamic Finance The Hague, NetherlandsKluwer Law International "The present book is a revised collection of different articles that aimed at providing basic information about the principles and precepts of Islamic finance, with special reference to the modes of financing used by Islamic banks and non-banking financial institutions. I have tried to explain the basic concept underlying these instruments, the necessary requirements for their acceptability from the Shariah standpoint, and the correct method of their application. I have also dealt with the practical issues involved in the application of these instruments and their possible solutions in the light of Shariah." (p. 7-8)
- [PublicationYear] [Article / Book / Chapter Title + URLForTitle] [Title of Journal / Book / Series] [Comment] Vol. [VolumeNumber]No. [IssueNumber] [PublicationDate] [PublicationMonth] [EditionNumber] [PublisherLocation][PublisherName] [PageRange] DOI:[DOI] [Annotation]
<ul class="references list-unstyled"> <li> <span class="reference-authors"> <span class="reference-author">Author Name, Author Name, Author Name</span> </span> <span class="reference-year">[PublicationYear]</span> <span class="reference-title"><a href="#">[Article / Book / Chapter Title + URLForTitle]</a></span> <span class="reference-publication">[Title of Journal / Book / Series]</span> <span class="reference-comment">[Comment]</span> <span class="reference-volume"> <span class="reference-vol">Vol. [VolumeNumber]</span><span class="reference-no">No. [IssueNumber]</span> <span class="reference-date">[PublicationDate]</span> <span class="reference-month">[PublicationMonth]</span> </span> <span class="reference-pub"> <span class="reference-edition">[EditionNumber]</span> <span class="reference-location">[PublisherLocation]</span><span class="reference-publisher">[PublisherName]</span> </span> <span class="reference-pages">[PageRange]</span> <span class="reference-doi">DOI:[DOI]</span> <span class="reference-annotation">[Annotation]</span> </li> </ul>
Problem Being Solved
Journal articles need to display information about any references used.
When To Use
This pattern can be used for any product or content structure that includes references.
When Not To use
It should not be used for non-reference content.
- It is important to put span tags immediately next to each other in some cases to avoid extra spaces.
- Reference section headers should always have article-section class and be an h3.
- References in the sidebar are structured slightly different to accomodate the additional metadata or original citation components.